Established in 1980, St John’s Lutheran Primary offers small classes, well resourced rooms, well maintained grounds and dedicated teachers who work in partnership with parents.
We have a supportive congregation, a strong and passionate P and F and a thriving P and F playgroup. Add to that experienced committed teachers and focused students and we have a dynamic and powerful learning community.
Our small class sizes mean that our staff are connected to the need of each child. With capped classes we have more time to tailor the way each student learns, and support them as they reach their full potential.
At St John’s we are committed to getting to know you, your family and the story of every student in our care.
St John’s provides a balanced dynamic curriculum which values all areas of learning and is constantly evaluated and reviewed.
While the curriculum framework is based on the VELS Standards and reviewed in the context of the development of the Australian Curriculum the school also promotes Lutheran Education Australia’s Life Long Qualities for Learners.
At St John’s our students are:
• Self directed, insightful investigators and learners.
• Discerning Resourceful problem solvers and implementers
• Adept, Creative producers and contributors.
• Open, Responsive Communicators and Facilitators
• Principled resilient Leaders and collaborators
• Caring, Steadfast supporters and advocates
Our emerging Japanese program ensures that St. John's students have an opportunity to learn this language from P-12, if they attend Bayview College.
We also have specialist lessons in Physical Education and Music.
Our students love to learn because we love to learn. Every week is ended with a celebration assembly where classes share their achievements from the weekend, and students receive many opportunities to share their work in their annual Digital Portfolios.
• Muli-function Unity Centre - a flexible learning space for Performing Arts, Sport and Assemblies.
• A large, well landscaped play space providing plenty of opportunities for creative play that encourage children to interact across a variety of ages.
• Spacious well resourced classrooms.
• Connected with Technology through a small device to student ratio.
St John’s has been a significant contributor to the Portland community. Our students strongly participate in community events such as Interschool Sport, Anzac Day March, Up Welling festival, Regional and State Athletics.