Brisbane Adventist College (BAC) is a coeducational school located on the border of Wishart and Mansfield. Our campus features modern facilities and plenty of green spaces and outdoor play areas, including a natural play setting for younger children. We provide a quality Christian education and welcome applicants from any faith and background. With over 600 students from Early Learning through to Year 12, our campus is the ideal setting for your child to find their place as they develop a strong foundation for their future.
Our VISION is to be a thriving, Christ-centred learning community.
Our MISSION is to enable every student to flourish.
Our core VALUES are Integrity, Respect, and Joy.
Our MOTTO, and the way we live our lives day-to-day, is "Everything with God".
Brisbane Adventist College encourages our children to love learning and to make quality independent decisions. Students are expected to apply themselves to their academic studies. Our distinctive curriculum opportunities include:
• Academic competitions, including maths, English, spelling, writing and more
• Athletic development program
• Career education opportunities
• Enhanced Learning support
• Gifted and Talented opportunities
• Music and drama programs
• Scuba Diving: Certificate III in Outdoor Recreation
• Spirituality integration through our Encounter program
• Sports Academy (basketball and touch football)
• Study Skills seminars
• Subject-related excursions and incursions
• TAFE opportunities combined with in-school learning
• Trial exam sessions for senior students
Brisbane Adventist College students are encouraged to participate in a range of extracurricular activities offered by the College. Core learning is supplemented by a range of interesting and fun activities which allow students to expand their horizons and develop skills outside of the formal curriculum. Extracurricular offerings at Brisbane Adventist College include:
• Individual private music and instrument tuition
• Creative expression
• Districts, inter-school, and intra-school sports programmes and competitions
• Service programmes such as StormCo
• Prep- Year 7: sport on Tuesday afternoons during the seasons for netball, soccer, tiger touch, basketball
• Community service
• Sporting excellence program
Brisbane Adventist College aims to build confidence and resilience in all students through the development and promotion of a safe and healthy school culture. Brisbane Adventist College provides the following formal pastoral care provisions:
• Chaplaincy programme: mentoring, week of worship, student support positions
• free-dress days
• fun chapels where students can participate
• Regular assemblies to share information and celebrate success
• STARS Mentoring Program (secondary)
Parents are encouraged to visit the College, especially parents of Prep and Year 1 & 2 students who still need to sometimes see mum and dad. Students are encouraged to mingle inter-form and there is a strong sense of care and nurture within the College.
Brisbane Adventist College's Early Learning Centre aims to provide an environment as close to the family home life as possible. With a large outdoor play area and opportunities for interacting with nature, our programme is designed to include a variety of learning experiences including indoor and outdoor activities, large and small group interaction and individual experiences, with teachers and educators who genuinely care about wellbeing of each child.
Visit our campus to find out how Early Learning at BAC can provide a strong foundation for your child's future education.