Located in a 15 hectare green and picturesque setting Brisbane Adventist College (BAC) provides quality Christian education for students from all faiths. BAC is noted for its caring Christian environment, its good pupil-teacher ratio, and its commitment to helping every child reach his or her full potential and become valued members of our college community.
The Values of Brisbane Adventist College:
• Striving for Excellence
• Passion for life-long learning
• A strong work ethic
• Balance in all things
• Everything with God
Brisbane Adventist College encourages our children to love learning and to make quality independent decisions. Students are expected to apply themselves to their academic studies. Our distinctive curriculum opportunities include:
• Enhanced Learning
• Gifted and Talented
• Duke of Edinburgh
• Academic competitions
• Work Experience - Year 11
• QCS Practice - Year 12 students undertake a QCS practice program to prepare them for the Queensland Core Skills exams
• Bible programme
Brisbane Adventist College students are encouraged to participate in a range of extracurricular activities offered by the College. Core learning is supplemented by a range of interesting and fun activities which allow students to expand their horizons and develop skills outside of the formal curriculum. Extracurricular offerings at Brisbane Adventist College include:
• Individual private music and instrument tuition
• Creative Expression
• Districts, inter-school, and intra-school sports programmes and competitions
• Outreach programmes such as StormCo
• Prep- Year 7. Music, sport on Tuesday afternoons during the seasons for netball, soccer, tiger touch, basketball.
• Community Service
Brisbane Adventist College aims to build confidence and resilience in all students through the development and promotion of a safe and healthy school culture. Brisbane Adventist College provides the following formal pastoral care provisions:
• Chaplaincy programme
• free-dress days
• fun chapels where students can participate
• Regular assemblies to share information and celebrate success
• Values programme
• STARS Mentoring Programme
Parents are encouraged to visit the College especially parents of Prep and Year 1 & 2 students who still need to sometimes see mum and dad. Students are encouraged to mingle inter-form and there is a strong sense of care and nurture within the College.
The centre at Brisbane Adventist College aims to provide an environment as close to the family home life as possible. Our programme is designed to include a variety of learning experiences including indoor and outdoor activities, large and small group interaction and individual experiences.
We invite you to come and see Brisbane Adventist College to see what we can offer your child for their education.