Westbourne Grammar is an independent, co-educational, non-denominational Christian school, steeped in history and tradition, now approaching our 150th anniversary.
We offer educational continuity from Early Learning to Year 12 - allowing you and your child to become a true part of the Westbourne community. We are able to provide our students with first-class facilities, the most recent being our exciting, new, purpose-built Amici - Westbourne Early Learning Centre. A sports and aquatics centre is our next proposed development. Our Junior and Senior Schools share a 36-hectare campus in Truganina, and we have an additional Junior campus in Williamstown (Prep to Year 3).
The main School campus at Truganina is only 20 minutes drive from the Melbourne CBD in the ever-growing western suburbs, and is well serviced by not only local train and bus services, but by our own private bus services every day. Bus routes are adapted annually as required, and are designed to pick up students in the morning, at a point relatively close to their homes.
Make our School, your school. A world of learning.
The mission statement for Westbourne Grammar School is: An economically independent and vibrant community that consistently provides the highest standards of excellence and innovation in learning within a stimulating, nurturing environment.
The values that Westbourne Grammar School represents are:
• Community: Recognising that actively building respectful and sustainable relationships with other human beings and with our planet builds strong social capital which in turn supports our well-being. In doing so we acknowledge our shared cultures and histories.
• Creativity: Encouraging behaviours which encompass notions of innovation, originality, liberation and generative problem-solving in all that we do.
• Scholarship: Celebration of the persistent learning at a high level and the pursuit of excellence. Understanding the importance of thinking routines, self-regulation and reflection.
• Courage: Developing the capacity to question without fear. Understanding that “success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
The School has evolved from the original Grammar School established in Williamstown in 1867.
Located on 36 hectares of land incorporating lakes, landscaped gardens, and an abundance of sporting facilities, the main campus at Truganina comprises ELC to Year 12, an International Centre, the Amici - Westbourne Early Learning Centre and a dedicated facility for our unique Year 9 Imagine Program.
There is an additional campus (Prep to Year 3) located in Williamstown.
The School is well serviced by train and bus services. Students travel by car, bus or a combination of car and bus or train and bus.
At least 750 students travel safely to Westbourne by our private bus services every day. Bus routes are adapted annually as required, and are designed to pick up students in the morning, at a point relatively close to their home (within the limitations of roads and the demographics of students) and to return them to that point in the afternoon. For this purpose, all students are allocated the most convenient bus route to their home.
The Class of 2013 at Westbourne Grammar School distinguished itself as a Year Level, achieving exceptional VCE results - a testimony to the strong and growing culture of collaborative and mindful learning at Westbourne. Principal, Meg Hansen, said that the School was very proud of the excellent results achieved by VCE students in 2013.
Significant highlights from the 2013 VCE results were:
• Dux of the School achieved an ATAR score of 99.85
• Eight of our students achieved an ATAR above 99 (highest number ever)
• Two of our international students achieved an ATAR above 99
• Fifty-five of our students achieved an ATAR that exceeded 90 (highest number ever)
• Twelve students scored ATAR scaled subject scores of 50 or above (highest number ever)
• Seven international students achieved scores that exceeded 90
• The School’s median ATAR was above 85 which means 50% of our students are ranked in the top 14% nationally
• Over 60% of our students achieved an ATAR above 80
• The Year Level achieved a 100% VCE pass rate.